Someone shared the
following football moves that many Christians in our churches use today.
Check this list to see if you are participating in "Christian Football":
- Church members quietly leaving during the invitation.
Draw Play -
What many children do with the bulletin during worship.
Half-time - The
period between Sunday School and worship when many choose to leave.
Those who do not sing, pray, work, or apparently do anything but sit.
- Making a trip to the back (restroom or water fountain) during the
Staying in the
Pocket - What happens to a lot of money that should be given to the
- The point at which you realize the sermon is almost over and begin
to gather up your children and belongings.
- The preacher loses his notes and falls back on last week's
What happens to the attention span of the congregation if the preacher
Trap - You're
called on to pray and are asleep.
End Run -
Getting out of church quick, without speaking to any guest or fellow
Flex Defense -
The ability to allow absolutely nothing said during the sermon to affect
- The decision of 50 of the congregation not to return for the evening
Blitz - The rush
for the restaurants following the closing prayer.
May we all commit our
ways unto HIM.