Words of the Bible for in them you will find gems and nuggets
to live by.
“In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
1. Trials are the building blocks on which to erect a fortress of faith
secure on God's ageless rock.
Psalm 71:3 Be
thou my strong habitation whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast
given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
2. Giving, not getting is the way!
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and
shaken together, and running over, shall men give unto your bosom. For with
the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
3. Today be thankful for pleasant memories.
Psalm 143:5 I
remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of
4. It is not how many years we live, but what we do with them.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his
commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every good work into
judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be
5. Each morning is the open door to a new world... new vistas, new aims,
new beginnings, and new mercies.
It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his
compassions fail not.
Lamentations 3:23 They are new every morning: great is thy
6. God speaks to those who are quiet before him.
Psalm 46:10 Be
still, and know that I am God.
7. Always remember God will make us sufficient for the task he calls us
II Corinthians 3:5
Not that we are
sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our
sufficiency is of God.