1. Swallowed pride brings relief… not indigestion.
Proverbs 14:3 In the mouth of the foolish is a rod of pride: but the lips of the wise shall preserve them.
2. Doing something wrong for the right reason still doesn’t make
doing something wrong… right!
Colossians 3:25 But he that doeth wrong, shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
3. The gift of tomorrow may not be given you to open and use –
so use the gift of today as if you didn’t have tomorrow.
Proverbs 27:1 Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.
4. When planted, cultivated, watered and nourished, bad habits become strongholds that choke out your testimony, influencing others to go astray.
Proverbs 28:10 Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.
5. Make God your first choice… not your last resort.
Matthew 6:33a But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
6. Let your walking do your talking!
I John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
7. If you see a need, don’t just stand around waiting for
someone else to meet it.
2 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?