1. The communication system between God and us can be open twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. But, it’s our responsibility to keep the two-way line of conversation open by keeping the dial turned to the “on” position.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
2. Harboring the sin of an unforgiving spirit renders our prayers null and void.
Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
3. The granting of our prayer request, by God, is conditional… if we will, he will.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
4. Want a successful prayer time? – Then offer your prayers up to God on a platter of thanksgiving generously seasoned with a genuine attitude of gratitude!
5. A motive check is essential before we seek God’s face in prayer.
Prideful or Pure To Be Heard and Seen of Others or By God Only
Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6. God knows the voice of His children and has an ear open to respond to their cries of distress.
7. Our most powerful tool is prayer, not plans or programs.
|© 2006, Search The Word Ministry|