1. During this glorious season of celebration be mission minded and take every opportunity to point others to the "Person of Christmas"… Jesus… he’s the real reason for the season.
Luke 2:38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
2. Focus more on giving than receiving!
Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
3. Allow Jesus to be more than just a baby in a manager… Allow "Him" to be the "Saviour" and "Lord" of your life.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord.
4. Are you waiting for the return of Christ with the same level of intensity that a child waits for Christmas morning?
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
5. Christmas can be summed up in one word… LOVE…
for it’s the very heart of the season!
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
6. The "Word" was made flesh the day "Jesus" was born!
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father),
full of grace and truth.
7. By embracing love’s pure light- Jesus-
we no longer have to walk in darkness!
Isaiah 9:2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, the everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
8. You may ask, "What can I give Christ this Christmas?"
Why not give Him the gift of your love!
Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
9. Don’t let your charity for others stop when Christmas day ends. Take every opportunity to extend the season beyond, until it becomes a lifetime mission.
Galatians 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
10. Make this the season you accept the greatest gift you will ever be offered.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.