1. The Word of God is an oasis to the dry and thirsty soul. Drink deeply from its spring and be refreshed.
Isaiah 44: 3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty,
and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy
seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
2. If your joy tank is sitting on empty; go to the only reliable One who has the power and ability to fill up your soul.
St. John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
3. We go to great pains caring for our outer wardrobes by checking it for rips, making sure it's cleaned, ironing the wrinkles out, and finally replacing the garment if it's not repairable. It would do us even better if we daily examined our "Spiritual" wardrobe.
Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
4. Be very careful what you ask God for ... He just might grant your request.
Psalms 106:15 And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.
5. It's useless to pray for the needs of others if we have un-confessed sin lurking in our own hearts.
Psalms 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
6. Give God time... creating a thing of beauty doesn't just happen over night.
Ecclesiastes 3:11a He hath made every thing beautiful in his time:
7. God doesn't want to be just a 911 number you call in time of crisis... He desires for you to call on Him at all times.
Jeremiah 29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and
pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.